How did we already get to the end of 2019? A new decade greets us in about 60 days, and it’s time to think about year end planning.
If you own real estate, or plan to own real estate, a big consideration is your tax consequences…… they can be huge, and make a big difference on how much money you keep.
Given that, please take some time out of your 2nd weekend in November to join us for a Breakfast and Learn in our office conference room to hear Tax Attorney Johan Deprez share his top 10 tax considerations for real estate owners at year end!
If you have been having questions about property taxes, capital gains taxes, tax deferred exchanges (also known as 1031 exchange), mortgage interest tax deduction, whether your home qualifies as a primary residence, depreciation, I urge you, please do not ask a Real Estate Agent like myself, as we are experts on the market and on sales and selling your home or helping you to purchase one! If you have a tax question, please consult a tax professional like Tax Attorney Johan Deprez to answer your specific question!
Here is just a sneak peak of some of the topics he will be covering in these packed 90 minutes:
1. Determining Timing of Real Estate Sales and Closings
2. Section 1031 Exchange Timing
3. Review Section 121 Eligibility of Property
4. Plan for Sections 121 and 1031 Combo Transactions
5. Switch 2nd Homes to Rental Properties
6. Create Appropriate Business Entities for Real Estate Activities
7. Review Property Tax Situation
8. Determine Eligibility for Section 199A 20% Income Exclusion in Real Estate
9. Fix&Flip Your Fix&Flip Entity?
10. Review Inheritance Planning for Real Estate
This is your opportunity! Attendance is free, but you must register:
Date & Time: Saturday November 9, 2019 @ 10 am to 11:30 am
Location: 5150 E Pacific Coast Hwy #7th floor conference room, Long Beach, CA 90804
Speaker: Johan Deprez, Tax Attorney
Parking: Between 9:40 am and 10:00 am will be providing free underground parking off Clark Ave near PCH for entry to the building
Refreshments: light refreshments will be provided
RSVP: to NancyD@century21masters.com – seats will be limited!